The proper functioning of the Windows explorer is absolutely necessary to get access to the interface features of the system. However, scenarios may arise where Windows Explorer Not Responding. This is a pretty common issue which arises in almost all Windows. However, there is easy troubleshooting for all the different causes that may lead to this problem to arise. You can fix it at home by following the following solutions. All of these are devoted to the different hindrances that your Windows may be facing. Follow all of this one by one and you will be able to eliminate any problem.
Windows Explorer not responding, how to fix?
- Restart the Windows Explorer. This will fix most all of the issues when Windows Explorer not responding. You can do this by opening the ‘Task Manager’. Click on the ‘More details’ option and choose to restart the Windows Explorer.
- Exit Windows Explorer manually. This can be done by going to the taskbar. After this, decide to open it from the ‘Task Manager’. By running a few tasks, you will see all the desktop icons disappear and reappear again after a second.
- If the above two steps are not working, you can choose to manually restart the Windows Explorer. In order to do this, open the Run dialogue box and give the command to restart Windows Explorer. The command is; cmd.exe. after typing this command, Explorer will restart and run without any major issues.
- If you do not want to follow the above command, you can easily open your notepad and type the following three lines as given.
taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
Following this, save the document. However, instead of having .txt at the end of the filename, replace it with .bat. Opening this document will enable you to automatically restart Windows Explorer whenever you need it.
Windows Explorer not responding windows 10
Follow some steps and fix issue if, your Windows Explorer is not responding on Windows 10:-
- If Windows Explorer not responding windows 10, the primary thing you need to make sure is that your Windows is up to date. This will help you to get all the bug fixes that are required by your system.
- Nirsoft is an amazing program which helps you to recognize the problematic program on your PC. Uninstall all the third party add-ons that you have on your device in order to find the culprit.
- restart Windows in a manual version with the help of the run dialogue box.
- If you wish to solve the problem of Windows Explorer not responding Windows 10, then you can fix this through launching it in a separate folder.
- Deleting the windows history could be an easy way through which you can fix up the issue if Windows Explorer is not responding or crashing every now and then.
- Check the error and critical log off Windows 10 in order to figure out what is causing problems.