Internet Explorer is Microsoft Window’s default Internet browser. In the event that you use Internet Explorer you may encounter issues where the Internet Explorer freezes, hangs up and Internet Explorer not responding. Albeit numerous things can make the browser quit responding, if the issue persists there are a couple of troubleshooting techniques that you can use to fix the issue. Troubleshooting Internet Explorer may require you to perform a few or several steps, depending on the cause of the problem.
Basic tips and tricks to fix Internet Explorer not responding in easy steps:
1. Reboot your system
Rebooting your system can solve most of the Windows OS related issues. This is why we keep recommending it to our users. This is usually where basic troubleshooting should start.Click on the Windows icon and select the Restart under the Power button. After the computer restarts, check if File Explorer is working.
2. Install Updates
Time to time Windows releases a lot of patches and updates for addressing the common bugs and vulnerabilities. These updates fix a lot of common issues. Sometimes, installing them on your computer can also resolve the issues.
- Press Windows key+I to launch Settings
- Click on Update & Security.
- Under the Windows Update tab, you will see any pending updates waiting to be downloaded or installed.
- Install and reboot your PC to check if File Explorer is working again.
3.Free some space
It is possible that File Explorer may not be working because there is no space left on your hard drive. You need to delete some files or transfer them to another external hard drive or flash drive to free up some space for File Explorer to work.
4. Restart Windows Internet Explorer:
Whenever you open a folder, a process called Windows Explorer runs in the background. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on the keyboard to launch the task manager. Find Windows explorer under processes, right-click on it and select Restart.
If you can’t see Windows Explorer in the Task Manager, Then you will have to start it manually. To do so,
- Click on File and select Run new task.
- Type Explorer in the given field and hit OK to launch Windows Explorer.
- Select Create this task with administrative privileges to start it with admin rights.
You can also read : Google Chrome not responding
5. Clear Browsing History
- Press Windows key+E to open File Explorer.
- Right-click on Quick Access to select Options. If it is not opening, search for File Explorer Options in Control Panel.
- Under the General tab, click on Clear next to Clear File Explorer history to remove associated cache and temporary files from the system.
6. SFC AND DISM SCAN
SFC will check your system files for any irregularities and repair them if possible without you having to do anything. DISM command will service and repair Windows image files. Just right-click on the Start button and select either Command Prompt or PowerShell with Admin written in a bracket.
Now type the below commands one at a time and hit Enter to run them.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Recheck if File Explorer is working again.
7.Install any and all available Windows updates
Stability updates and bug fixes for IE 11 come with Windows updates, meaning that if IE 11 is constantly crashing on you because of vulnerabilities, out of date files or obsolete drivers, installing the latest Windows updates might fix the problem.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Search for “updates”.
- Click on the search result titled Check for updates.
When you see the Windows Update window, click on Check for updates and wait for your computer to look for available updates.
Searches related to Internet Explorer keeps free crashing:
How do I fix Internet Explorer not responding?
Why is Internet Explorer not working?
How do you unfreeze Internet Explorer?
Why does my computer say not responding all the time?
How to fix Internet explorer keeps freezing?
Why my Internet Explorer keeps crashing on regular intervals?