You can set up Gmail using the server settings of IMAP or SMTP anywhere. These settings helps the user to set up their Gmail account on any of the device which he is using to access Gmail, it may be android mobile device or the iPhone device. IMAP is a primary protocol used to read messages from your Google Gmail in other mail clients. Many times, the user face problem in setting up the IMAP server and is unable to access the Gmail account. What to do when you face issue like imap.gmail.com is not responding. The problem is mainly due to any internet connection issue or may be the services are not properly configured. Whatever be the case, simply follow the below mentioned steps.
How to Fix imap.Gmail.com is Not Responding
If you are using iPhone, and imap.gmail.com is not responding on iPhone. When you go to refresh your emails from the Mail app in iOS, you may get an error of IMAP not responding. Then try following steps to solve the issue:
- First of all, check your internet connection. Your internet connection should be fast and proper for smooth functioning of all the services. Check if the error is fixed or not.
- If you are using Wi-Fi connection for internet services, then check the WIFI restrictions. Wi-Fi issues, most of the time are the cause of this kind of errors. If the error persists try other steps as mentioned below.
- Verify that you have entered correct account info.
- The user can also try to remove the Gmail application from their iPhone device. Again, set up the Gmail application with correct IMAP settings. This will probably fix the error.
- Make a check on configuration server. See if the configuration details are entered correctly or not. Make the required corrections if you find any problem in the configuration.
- If the problem is not solved yet, change the IMAP settings server to any other server. Now check if it working or not.
- The mobile application can be in an error state with the network interface. Refresh the applications and it may work.
- IMAP doesn’t work if SSL is disabled. It is a very important security component without which many network connections don’t work. If it is found disabled, enable it.
- It is possible that the configuration files are in error state and not working properly. Try to re-add the email address to fix it. The email has several components and configurations.
- Try to update your application. An outdated application causes many errors and issues. Once you have updated to a newer version, try again if the error is resolved or not.
- You can email your own account also, it jerks your email account and force it to get its modules to get up and running. Navigate to you emailing application and draft an email to your own email address and send it. Wait and refresh your box.
The above steps discussed are also applicable on android for the error of imap.gmail.com is not responding. Follow these steps on your android phone and see if the problem is solved.
Enabling IMAP in Gmail account.
If you want to enable IMAP in Gmail account do the following:
- Go to the settings and click on main menu.
- From there go to the account menu, click on the account which has been creating the issue.
- Now go to the delete menu and again go to the mail option.
- From here, click on account settings menu and go to add account label.
- Select the email provider and sign in.
Read Also :- Gmail Not Loading on Android Device