While many would contend that Gmail is the best email stage there will be, there are the individuals who oppose this idea. Regardless of whether it’s the special messages, the diverse marks and labels, or you’re stressed over your security, Gmail probably won’t be the best email choice for you.
Fortunately, there’s a straightforward method to delete your account, yet since you’re in all probability utilizing Google services on different platforms (like YouTube or Google look), it’s ideal to twofold watch that the remainder of your data won’t be deleted as well.
(If you want to delete all of your Google accounts, you can do that too. However, this article is focused for those who simply want to delete their Gmail account.)
Before deleting your Gmail account permanently, there are few things to consider and checkoff:
- If your Gmail account is associated with any social media accounts (like Facebook, you tube, iTunes, Instagram, etc.), you won’t be able to recover or reset your that social media account information. So, create an alternative email account to switch everything, before you delete your account.
- Any information or contacts stored on this Gmail will be lost. It’s advised to download your data and file somewhere else.
- No one will be able to use the same email address or user name (XYZ@gmail.com) in the future. So, this ensures that nobody can impersonate you at your old email account.
- Deleting your Gmail account will not delete the Google Account. Your Google Account will remain associated with things like your search history and YouTube account.
- Want to retrieve your deleted emails? It’s possible to recover your deleted Gmail account—You have a window of a few weeks to recover a deleted Gmail account.
How to Delete Gmail Account Permanently
Here’s How to delete Gmail account, just follow the steps to delete:
- Go to Google Account Settings.
- Select Data & Personalization.
- In the page that appears, scroll down to Download, delete, or make a plan for your data.
- Click Delete a service or your account.
- Then choose Delete a service on the next page as well.
- You’ll be prompted to sign into your account.
- On the next page you can choose the service you would like to delete. If you want to delete a Gmail account, click the trashcan icon (?) next to Gmail.
- Enter an email address different from the address associated with the Gmail account you are closing under Enter an email address in the How you’ll sign in to Google dialog box.
- Click Send Verification Email.
- Open the email from Google (email@example.com) with the subject “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”.
- Follow the deletion link in the message.
- If prompted, log in to the Gmail account you are deleting.
- Under Confirm Gmail Deletion Select Yes, I want to delete firstname.lastname@example.org permanently from my Google Account.
- Click Delete Gmail.
- Click Done.
What happens to the email after deleting the Gmail account?
All the messages are permanently deleted. You can’t access them in your Gmail.
Unless, you download a copy, using Google Takeout or using the Email program, you can still use these messages.
What happens to the email sent to the deleted Gmail address?
The one who send mail to your old Gmail address will receive a delivery failure message.