Email services provide you a simple and reliable way to communicate personally as well as professionally . An email service like Hotmail can add extra solace to your emailing experience with its different installed attributes. Hotmail helps the user with fast sending and receiving of emails, additional account security, easy account recovery and various other features. Some cases users are facing issue with their Hotmail not working, for the solution follow below.
However, because of technical and non-technical faults, some problems related to Hotmail arise from time to time. One of the most common being the ‘Hotmail not working’ error. The reason behind the Hotmail not working issue can also be different. In this article, we are discussing the reasons & solutions to fix ‘Hotmail not working’ problem. In case you are also facing the same problem, kindly go through it.
Common reasons for Hotmail not working:
Depending on the problems you are facing, there may be different reasons behind Hotmail not working error. Finding the reason can help you to take the right step to fix the issue. The various reasons behind the ‘Hotmail not working’ problem are listed below.
- The browser is not compatible.
- Internet connection is not working properly.
- Your device compatibility issues with Hotmail.
- Account has been suspended or blocked temporarily.
- Too many caches and cookies stored in browser.
- Your app is not up-to-date, If you are using mobile.
- The security of your account has been compromised.
- Using an outdated version of browser to open Hotmail.com
- An antivirus or any other third-party app,interfering with the www.hotmail.com.
Easy ways to fix the Hotmail not working Error:
Hotmail not working can lead you to miss out your emails. You need to find that out the possible reason and take the necessary action to fix it. There are some certain helpful steps described below that you can follow to resolve the ‘Hotmail not working’ issues by yourself.
1. Internet connection: First of all make sure that you have a continuous & working internet connection. If the problem was the discontinuous internet, there won’t be any need to check for other problems and finding their solutions.
2. Use supported browser: The following are the compatible browsers you might want to use for opening Hotmail:
- Internet Explorer 10
- Microsoft Edge
- Firefox 17
- Chrome 24
- Safari 6
3. Clear the Cache & cookies: Many of the times any corrupted caches or cookies may be the reason for this kind of error. So, clearing the cookies, caches and history from the browser can help you to fix Hotmail not working error.
4. Problem in sending emails via Hotmail: If the mail sending feature of Hotmail is not working, this be because you have reached the limit of sending message. If it’s not the case and you are not able to send messages, make sure that you are not adding too many recipients. The total file size must not exceed the specified limit. Also make sure that the email address of recipient is correct and is not blocked.
5. Check the third-party app installed in your system: If any antivirus or other application is causing the ‘Hotmail not working’ issue, turn it off for some time. Once you are done with the Hotmail, you can then turn on the application.
6. Disable add ons and extensions: You can try to disable your browser extension and add ons temporarily. If the problem is solved then turn on the extensions one by one to find and remove the faulty one.
7.Check for temporarily blocked Account: Make sure that your account has not been suspended temporarily. Sometimes, due to sending too many spam messages, account may be locked and you won’t be able to sign
Searches related to Hotmail not working:
How can I contact Hotmail?
How do I call Hotmail customer support?
Why can’t I access my Hotmail account?
How can I access my old Hotmail account?
Can I reactivate my Hotmail account?
Why can’t I log into my Hotmail account?