If you are experiencing Google Chrome Not Responding problem then check out the list of solutions we have listed here. Chrome is one of the fast and accurate and always becomes people’s first choice. Like other browsers, Google Chrome also faces few issues like Google Chrome not responding & Google Chrome keeps freezing/crashing. But if you are not aware of the tricks to solve these common issues. You will look for what to do when Google chrome not responding error occurs.
Methods for fixing Google Chrome not responding error on Windows 10, 8.1 & 7:
Many users have reported that their Google Chrome is often crashing, after updating Windows 10 to its new release. In case the problem remains same for you, here are some solutions that may work.
1. Turn on Safe Mode:
In most cases, this helps in fixing Google Chrome Crash issues-
- Click start and then on the power icon.
- Press and hold down the shift key at the same time, click on Restart.
- Then click Troubleshoot and after that, go to Advanced options.
- Next, click on the Startup Settings option.
- Now, click Restart option.
- To Enable Safe Mode with Networking, you require to press the F5 key from your computer.
This will help you to login to your computer in safe mode. Now, you have to follow the next steps.
You can also read: How to reset Gmail password?
2. Clear Caches and Cookies of Your Google Chrome Browser:
- Launch and run Google Chrome.
- You have to back up your important accounts and data.
- Then press Ctrl+Shift+Del.
- Next, clear browsing data, history, cache, cookies.
- This can help you solve the problem. If it does not help, then follow the next steps mentioned below.
3. Turn Off Hardware Acceleration:
- To open the Google Chrome settings, click on the Menu button located at the top-left side.
- Next, expand the Advanced entry option.
- Next, click System and turn off the Use Hardware acceleration When the available option.
- Now, click Relaunch and after that restart the browser.
4. Modify Properties of Google Chrome:
At times when Google Chrome Not Responding happens, you can modify the browser’s properties. Follow these steps-
- Right-click on the Chrome icon.
- Next, click on Properties.
- After that, select the Compatibility tab.
- Now you have to click on Change settings for all user and un-check the Run this Program in compatibility mode option.
- Check Run this program as administrator box which you will find under settings.
- Click Apply and hit OK.
- Then click OK again to close.
5. Update Chrome Browser:
An outdated browser can cause many problems. So, keeping it updated is a basic recommendation. Avoid your Google Chrome browser regularly to fix bugs and software glitches.
- Go to menu from Chrome.
- Click Update Google Chrome.
- Next click Relaunch.
6. Close the non-responsive window:
Sometimes, one or more tabs will get frozen. This happens when you open more than one tabs in the Google Chrome. Close the non-responsive tabs to fix this issue.
- Go to More Tools and click on Task Manager.
- All running processes will be displayed.
- Hit end process on the chosen tab.
7. Disable the Extensions:
Disable all the third party extensions. Reactivate it one by one Spot the one that is faulty and disable it permanently.
- Open Menu.
- Go to More Tools and choose Extensions.
8. Turn Off The Sandbox Mode:
- Disable the Sandbox mode security feature because it can make chrome unresponsive. Check whether the problem persists after disabling this feature.
- Right click on the Chrome icon and select “Properties”.
- Navigate to the tab “Shortcut”.
- Append the string “-no-sandbox-” at the end of the target field.
- Click OK.
9. To uninstall and re-install:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Under “Programs” section, click on “Uninstall a program”.
- Search for Google Chrome and uninstall it.
- Re-install Chrome from the official website
10. Run A Virus Check:
Malware and virus can corrupt our files beyond repair. It is same with browsers as well. Scan your system with an updated antivirus program and keep your system clean. Doing this alone will solve most of your system issues.
Common searches related to Google Chrome not responding/crashing/freezing:
- How do I stop chrome from freezing?
- Why my Google Chrome keep crashing?
- How do I fix Google chrome not responding?
- What do you do when Google Chrome is not responding?
- Why does my computer say not responding all the time?